Friday, November 26, 2010

Becky...

A few weeks back, I got a call asking if I could babysit three dogs over Thanksgiving.  The owner is Becky (and her family), and the dogs are two labs and a beagle.  She wanted me to spend the night, because her dogs do still go out at least once during the night.

I agreed, and I went to meet Becky and her dogs about a week ago.
She lives in a nice, big comfortable house with a gorgeous view of the mountains.  I loved her house, because it's a beautiful house, but it's comfortable and 'lived in'.  It was clean and tidy, but not perfect.  She has kids, and it shows.  She has dogs, and it shows.

This is why we love Becky...
She's taking me on a tour of the house, and as we hit the master bedroom, she informs me that the dogs will probably sleep on the bed, and that's fine.  She has a love seat in the mater bedroom.  She says to me, "I wouldn't sit on that couch if I were you.  The dogs love it, and it's covered in dog hair.  I do vacuum it, but I think I'm losing the battle."  I LOVE pet owners like this!

I informed her that I had a lab puppy who also needs to go potty at night, so could I please bring my puppy with me?  I told her about Dolce, but I told her that Dolce would be fine to leave home alone.  Becky told me that I could bring both of my dogs.  She didn't care.  As long as everyone got along.

I spent a couple nights at Becky's house with Becky's dogs, and I did take both of my dogs along as well.  All the dogs got along wonderfully.  Well, I'm not so sure Boomer liked Dolce, as Dolce decided that chasing Boomer (the beagle) through the house was a great deal of fun.  And I'm not so sure Sage (the female lab) liked Georgia O'Keeffe as Georgia O'Keeffe kept circling Sage.  The cutest thing was when Dolce was attempting to protect Georgia O'Keeffe.  As Georgia O'Keeffe circles, Sage growls to let Georgia O'Keeffe know that her behavior is not welcomed.  Sage does not snap.  Sage does not bark.  Sage just growls.  But Dolce did not like it.  So my tiny little dauchshund decides that she is going to protect Georgia O'Keeffe (who is bigger than Dolce) against this growling lab (who is much, much bigger than Dolce).  Dolce was quite worried and barking her little head off at Sage.  I had to convince Dolce that Sage was not doing anything wrong ... she was just showing who was boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment