Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 ... a New Year

Sam is doing great these days.

I went back home to Houston for Christmas, and upon my return to Las Cruces, I learned Sam was in the hospital.  While I was gone, he got severely dehydrated.  Thankfully he only spent a few days in the hospital, but instead of heading home, he was taken to a rehabilitation hospital.  Ever since his last hospital visit, he  never got his energy back.  He's been quite weak and lethargic.

I believe this rehab hospital is going to be a wonderful wonderful opportunity for Sam.  I believe he is getting attention that he has needed for quite a while but hasn't received.  In the rehab hospital he is getting occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy.

As I mentioned, he's been lethargic and weak, and he has been wanting to do very little besides lie in bed and rest.  I do understand that, but as we all know, the more one lies around and does nothing, the more one wants to lie around and do nothing.  In the rehab hospital, Sam does not have that choice.  The therapists have him up and about and doing different exercises all day long.  It's been exhausting for him, but so so good for him at the same time.  He's gaining strength back, and he is doing so great.  He looks great.  He's getting around great.  He's feeling great.  It's so wonderful for me to see, and I'm so happy for how he must be feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment