Friday, February 4, 2011

ummmm....Sailor

Fred decided to go out of town while we are having the coldest weather we have had in quite awhile.  Well, to be honest, he decided to go out of town before he knew we would be having this cold weather, but still.....  He wants me to put Sailor out during the day, and then he wants me to put Sailor back in at night as I usually do, but I really did feel as though I should check on Sailor a bit more often because of the cold.  I know he is a labrador, but still.....

Because of the cold, and because I've been sick, Fred told me that I did not have to worry about taking Sailor for his walks, but I hate the thought of Sailor being all alone without anyone to keep him company or anything to occupy his time, so I decided to take him for a walk today.  I am so glad that I did go to check on Sailor.  When I got to Fred's house, Sailor was outside of the gate.  I have NO IDEA how he got out, but he was out.  I know that Fred has neighbors who sometimes come and check on Sailor, and I am guessing that is what happened today, although I have no way of knowing for sure.  I know when I left Sailor this morning, he was inside the gate, and the gate was latched.  I know when I went to walk Sailor, the gate was not latched, and Sailor was out.  Thankfully, Sailor does tend to stay close to home.

On our walk, we were 'attacked' by two of the cutest dogs.  Sailor is a yellow lab.  Not the biggest yellow lab in the world, but a good sized yellow lab, none the less.  On our walk, we were 'attacked' by a chihuahua wearing a camouflage hoodie with a skull and cross bones on it.  I am not making this up.  A teeny tiny chihuahua wearing a camouflage hoodie with a skull and cross bones on it.  Yapping and barking at us.  Running circles around us yapping and barking.  Sailor looked at the other dog with mild amusement.  The chihuahua's friend who helped with the 'attack' was a dachshund puppy.  Again, teeny tiny.  These two bite sized canines were so fierce in their attack on Sailor.  Sailor watched them for a while, never barking, never moving.  Just watching.  Finally Sailor had enough and he began our walk again, with the tiny terrors chasing behind until their owners finally snatched them up and took them back home.  Sailor and I had a nice laugh.

I also saw Sam today for the first time in almost a week.  I told him that he did not want me anywhere around him while I had been sick, and he said that he knew that and he understood that, but that he had missed me and that he had been worried about me. awwwwww.  He is so sweet to me.  He was worried about me.  How cute.  I promised him I would be back to have breakfast with him in the morning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment