Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I am faking it until I make it...

I started my "lisa's love" business, and I was naive.  I was new.  I was green.
I tried. I learned.  I grew.

I put too many eggs into one basket.  I spent so much time with Sam that I didn't go out and make new clients.  I spent so much time with Sam that I turned people away.  I don't regret it.  I would do the same again if given the chance.  I loved my time with Sam.

But then Sam moved. Initially I was enjoying my time off.  I got things done around the house and around the yard.  I  enjoyed being lazy.  I enjoyed having no schedule.

And then ... boredom set in.  Too much time on my hands.  And not enough money.

A few things came to mind.  I knew I needed to get my name back out there and get some new clients.  I've had some new fliers printed up, and I am ready to get them handed out. passed out. distributed.  With spring here and summer on the way, I know business will pick up.  I just know it.

The other day as I was walking Dolce, I passed another pet sitter.  She told me that she needed my card.  (I had given her one before, but she had misplaced it.)  She said that she is so busy, she is turning new customers away and would love to refer them to me.

Also, Becky, the woman whose dogs I sat for over Thanksgiving needed me over Easter.  She has also booked me for a long weekend in May.

See.  I knew business would pick up.

And .......
I began a new venture.

http://www.marykay.com/lmarek1030

Yes, I am now an Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant.  I can't say I went in 'kicking and screaming', because I did not; but I was somewhat hesitant and reluctant.  My cousin, Beth, is the woman who got me interested and started.  She has been with Mary Kay for almost eight years now, and she has been blessed many times over by her experiences with the company.

Even though I was a bit hesitant and reluctant, once I decided to jump in, I was amazed at how excited I became.  I am more excited than I realized I would be.

I absolutely love people.  I absolutely love helping people.  I've said this before, and no matter how corny it is, I believe that I am truly my happiest when I am helping other people.  I am so happy that I am going to get to meet so many women with this career.  I am so happy that I am going to get to help so many women with this career.

I have never heard anything but positive reviews from people about Mary Kay and their experiences with both the company and the products.  I know so many women who LOVE their Mary Kay, and now I am going to be able to help them get it.  Help them find the right products for their skin, their complexion, their lifestyle.  Help them to be their most beautiful ... even if all that means is putting on a confident and glowing smile.

I walked away from my marriage with 'not much'.  I didn't walk away empty handed by any stretch of the imagination, but after twenty-seven years of helping and supporting, I walked away with little.  Definitely not enough to sustain me if God chooses to allow me to live another 30 or 40 years.  I did this for a couple of reasons; one was that I wanted to prove that I was never about the money.  But ..... I do plan to live a while longer, so money is a necessity.  Sometimes I kick myself upside the head wondering why I left so much on the table, but other times I remind myself what my reasons for doing so were, and I know, given those same circumstances, I'd do it all over again.  I'm tired of looking back.  I'm tired of "could've, would've and should've".  I'm tired of 'what might have been'.  I've been moving forward, albeit two steps forward and one step back.  (or even one step forward and two steps back...lol)  But now I want to move ahead.  I want to quit stepping back.  And more than anything, I want to prove to myself that I can do this.  That I can do it on my own.  Well, not completely on my own.  No one can ever do anything completely on his/her own.

Am I nervous?  you betcha
Am I scared?  absolutely
Am I wondering what in the heck I've gotten myself into?  that and more.

But I am so excited to prove to myself that I can make it.
And until I make it .... I'm gonna fake it.


Please pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment