I had a 'one on one' facial with a sweet woman named Sarah last Wednesday. She already uses Mary Kay, and she already has her own Mary Kay consultant, so I knew I wouldn't be selling her anything, but she offered to allow me to practice with her. Even though she already LOVES the Mary Kay products, and knows how well they work, she and I went through the entire facial together so that I could (hopefully) build up my confidence. She is so sweet, and I appreciate her so much.
Then came Friday, and my friend Linda was having my first real skin care party. I showed up at Linda's a bit early to set up and get ready. Right on time, Linda's neighbors trickled in one by one. They were a wonderfully fun bunch of women. Very friendly and very welcoming. Even though they all knew one another, and I was the 'odd man out', they made me feel right at home and quite comfortable.
After a bit of chatting and some margarita making, we got down to the reason we had all gathered. We had the skin care portion of our skin care party. There were eight women, nine including me. I think we all had a great time. Most of them already knew the products, and a couple of them had been MK Consultants before. They were all aware that this was my first party, and they all helped to make me learn. They listened as I went through my presentation, and once in a while they offered up very useful advice. At the end of the evening, I did sell a few products to a few of the women, but more than that, I met some wonderful, wonderful women, had a great time, and learned a bit more to take with me to my next party.
I loved them all, and I want to thank them for making me feel so relaxed and 'at home' for my first ever party ............ on to my next!!
No comments:
Post a Comment