why so many people do keep diaries, journals, blogs, etc.
I knew it had been a while since I had last written. I did not realize how long it had been. wow.
I went back and read this entire thing from the last post to the first, and I enjoyed all of it. Much of it I had forgotten, but as I read, I was taken back to each and every place with each and every person or animal. Reading my own words, it was all so clear.
Fred and I lost contact, so I also lost contact with Sailor. At the beginning of 2011, I was raising my rates; Fred did not take it well. I was walking through the grocery store, frozen food section, when Fred last called me. He was not at all particularly nice or understanding. I hated that our last phone conversation did not go well, but I had to do what was best for me, and Fred had to do what was best for him. Last I knew, he wanted to sell his place in Mesilla and move to Belize. He was in the process of buying a sail boat, and, of course, Sailor would go with him........... he invited me along as well, but that was before our last conversation.
I cannot believe that I never wrote about Sam's dying. How I was alone in the house. Mark was in Houston with family at the Memorial Service for his niece. Mark and I had been fighting, and I was not happy. I did not want to talk with him, but as I was home alone, someone began knocking on our door. Late at night. It scared me. I called Mark. Not that there was anything he could do from so far away, but who else was I going to call when I was scared? Eventually the knocking stopped and whoever it was went away. Just after that, I got a text from Sam's daughter telling me that Sam had died. Initially I thought it was her who had been at my door, but no, she was in Florida. She'd gone to Sam .... sadly she got there after he died. I spent the next day or two snuggled up in a blanket in my recliner being sad. I didn't cry much. Sam had a great life. He was lonely. He missed his wife. He was ready to go. ...but I was still so sad. I went to Sam's old apartment complex to inform the people there that Sam had died. I didn't know if they had been told yet. They had not. I do know I cried as I gave them his news. I loved Sam, and even though he played a very small part in my life and me in his, it was a time when we both needed one another.
This picture was taken the last time I saw Sam. He would be leaving for Florida quite early the next morning. I'm smiling in the picture, but I was crying as I walked away. I'm crying now.
Mark and I did move to Texas. We got our house. It was not easy. We had to jump through quite a few hoops to get approved for a loan (Mark still owns a home in Las Cruces .... anyone looking to buy???), so in the end, we came up with the cash for our home. It strapped our savings, but hopefully we can slowly build that back up. We moved in early November, but we are still getting settled and unpacking boxes. I asked Mark if anyone else takes this long to unpack. sheeeesh. We've been doing some fixing up and some redecorating which is why it's taking so long. Phase I is complete. There are a few more phases to go, but for now, we want to enjoy the spring and the summer. We're doing most of the work ourselves. (OK, Mark is doing most of the work himself, but I attempt to help....) Mark is a LOT busier at work here than he was New Mexico. He used to have some free time at work where he could get things done. Catch up on a few personal things here and there. But now he's so busy with actual work that his personal life has to wait until his personal time. Go figure. Thankfully, Mark loves what he does.
Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of when I started my own Mary Kay business. I can't say that I have done great, but I have learned. I've learned so much about this company and this adventure. (I still refuse to call it a job.) I still love it, and I hope to love it more and more as time passes. I'm one of those people who thinks I have the best "job" in the world. I meet women. I talk with women. I share with women. I help them to feel more beautiful. I help them to find the products that are just right for them; for their skin, for their coloring. And......... I get paid for it. I get paid to visit, share and help women. Seriously, there are probably other jobs that are as good, but I can't think of any jobs that are better. I'm ready to kick it up a notch, though. As a friend said to me recently, "OK, so you've trained for a year. Now get to work!" I DO want that pink cadillac.
http://www.marykay.com/geiger62


No comments:
Post a Comment