This is the last photo I took of Dolce.
Like many "lasts", I didn't know it would be my last.
I laughed, because she often would try and sleep on the "big dog" beds, which we (obviously) still have around the house, even though we no longer have any big dogs.
All too often, she would climb up, walk around on the dog bed, snuggle in, make herself comfortable... only to slide right off.
I would laugh at her and move her to her own smaller dog bed.
Tuesday brought a nice, cold morning. All the animals had been fed and were sleeping in different areas of the house all safe and warm.
I took a picture of each of them in their respective snuggling spots.
This one made me happy, and I believe I even laughed. Said something to the effect of "good for you!", because she had managed to sleep on the big dog bed without sliding off.
I wonder if she was proud of herself. (?)
That was Tuesday morning.
Today it took everything in me to allow that doctor to euthanize her, when inside my head I was screaming, "No. No. No!!!"
The vet thinks she may have had a stroke.
I don't know.
I'll write more about it and her in days to come, but, I was up almost all night with her, so for now, I'm gonna be sad and cry myself to sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment