Monday, February 2, 2026

I Never Even Wanted a Small Dog

 She wasn't supposed to be mine.

She was supposed to be for my ex-husband.

He didn't want her.

He IS a huge animal lover, but he was not ready for a dog.  He had a dog.  She was absolutely HIS dog.  She loved him.  He was her entire world.  And he loved her too.

And then ...he watched as she was in a horrific accident.  He held her as she took her last breath.  It gutted him.  

He did NOT want another dog.

However, my ex has an aunt with a big heart.  

She decided what he needed was another dog.  Right away.  And she just so happened to have a puppy.  

For some reason, I was the "go between".

She kept telling me to tell him she was bringing the puppy.  

He kept telling me to tell her, "no!"

She was adamant. She was bringing the puppy.

He was adamant.  He was not ready for another dog.  He did not want it.

I get it;  she really wanted to help him get over his grief.

I get it;  he was hurting.

She brought the puppy.

He didn't want the puppy.

The puppy became mine. 

And I will forever be thankful.  




No comments:

Post a Comment