Thursday, January 6, 2011

rehab hospital...

I've been thinking of this for a few days but was not quite sure how to put it into words.

There is a man at the hospital;  I have no idea what happened to him.  He seems paralyzed in some way.  I'm not sure if he had a stroke or what happened, but his face looks a bit 'off' as well.  But this man also has something quite special.  Every time I have ever seen him, I have seen his wife with him.  Rubbing him, talking to him, sitting beside him.  One day as I walked by the open door of his room, I saw his wife washing his face.  She had a wet washcloth and was gently washing his face.  What I absolutely loved about this moment was the complete look of love on her face as she was taking care of her husband.  The way she looked at him ... the way she touched him.  I could see the love she had for him.  More than that, I could feel the love she had for him.  As she saw me, she looked up and smiled.  Not a courtesy smile, but a true and genuine smile.  This woman blew me away.
Her love.  Her attitude.  Blew me away.
She has touched my soul, and she has inspired me.

We should all love the way she does.  We should all be loved the way she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment