Welcome to my world...!!

thank you for allowing me to share a part of my life, my world, with you.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Sam....

This happened a while back, but someone mentioned that I should go back and find it.  I posted this on facebook on June 27th:



yesterday I took Sam, the elderly gentleman that I take care of, out for a drive. He lived here 20 yrs ago and then retired to FL. After his wife died in Aug, he moved back. b/c of his health, he has not been out much except to go to the drs


on our drive, he was so cute ... he commented on EVERYTHING. If it was old, he remembered it, if it was new, he was amazed by it. His enthusiasm reminded me of how we should all see the world around us.


I love spending time with Sam. He talks about his wife of 61 years, their courtship, their life, their family, his years working at the pentagon, his wife's life as an "Army Wife" ... it's amazing I get paid for this.


Two of the biggest reasons Sam moved back here are his daughter and grand daughter, and they do check in with him often, and they do stop by ... but b/c they are also both busy with their own lives, they have hired others (me) to help take a lot of the burden off of them. Perhaps that way I can do more of the 'needed' things, and they can do more of the 'fun' things. anyway, I do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment