Welcome to my world...!!

thank you for allowing me to share a part of my life, my world, with you.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm sick...

Just in case anyone missed all my whining and complaining on facebook, I'm sick.

I don't get sick.  I'm not supposed to get sick.  I realize that I do not handle being sick well at all, this is why I think God gave me a tough immune system.  But for now, my immune system has let me down, and I'm sick.

I can't see Sam while I'm sick.  Not only can I not be around Sam, but he is still at the rehab hospital, so they don't want me in the building.  Apparently my germs are not highly received in a rehabilitation hospital where all of the patients are senior citizens.  Sam had an appointment with his lung doctor today, and it's killing me to know how the appointment went.  I'll have to talk with his daughter tonight.  I also feel so stinking guilty that I can't be there to help Sam.  To help the family.

I was supposed to start dog CPR classes yesterday.  I called one of the women from the group to tell her I was sick.  I told her I probably should not come, although it was killing me because I have no idea when I'll get this opportunity again.  She told me to please stay away;  we didn't need every pet sitter in Las Cruces getting sick, and it all being my fault.  aaarrrrggghhh.

Like most of the country, our weather is supposed to get quite cold.  Fred is going out of town, so I knew I would have Sailor.  I wasn't sure how Fred would want to handle Sailor in the cold with a possibility of snow.  I called Fred.  Now, keep in mind, I'm sick.  My throat is sore and hoarse.  My voice is gravelly and congested.
As I'm talking to Fred, he asks, "Are you sick?"
What I want to say is, "ddduuuuuhhhhhhhh....".  What I actually say is, "Yes."
"Well Lisa", Fred replies, "If the weather gets as cold as they say it's going to get, and if you're still sick, you can skip Sailor's walk."
I say weakly, "Thank you, Fred. I appreciate that...."

Keep in mind, right now, it's all I can do to get up and brush my teeth.  It's all I can do to get my little pills out of that damn security packaging the drug companies are teasing me with.  It's all I can do to get my little body wrapped up and in bed. ... but thank you, Fred.  It makes me feel so much better that I can skip Sailor's walk for the day.
thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment