To the best of my recollection, this is a phone conversation that I had yesterday...
me: Hello
her: Hello (she sounded as though I had woken her up, except that she called me)
me: Yes. Hello.
her: I need help with my dog.
me: OK, yes, ma'am. What do you need?
her: help with my dog.
me: OK, ma'am. What kind of help? What are you looking for?
her: Well, you're the professional. Don't you know what you do?
me: Yes, ma'am, but I don't know what it is that you are wanting. What you are looking for.
her: Well, what do you do!? (she was now raising her voice and getting agitated with me)
me: I can come over and feed and water your dog. I can take your dog for a walk. I can take your dog out to potty.
her: Well I can do all of those things...
me: (banging head on countertop) OK, ma'am. Then what was it you wanted?
her: help with my dog. (back to this one.....)
me: Ma'am, I am not understanding what it is you want.
her: I was hoping you could give my dog some tender loving care.
me: I don't do this because I don't love animals. I do this because I do love animals. Your dog would be getting tender loving care with everything that I do.
her: He had surgery and he is wearing a cone. He doesn't like his cone.
me: Oh, I do understand that. They usually don't like those things.
her: I'm so tired.
me: Ma'am, if you would like, I could come take care of your dog. Check on him. See how he is doing. I charge $15 an hour, but in that hour, I would make sure your dog was doing good. I would feed him and give him water if he needs it. I could take him to potty, take him for a short walk. I would do all those things in that hour.
her: But then you would leave. What good would it be for me if you just left after an hour?
me: Ma'am, I do have other clients and other things that I need to get done. Now I could come back again later in the day and check on him again, but then that would cost you another $15 per hour.
her: Yes, I understand. I would really like to take off his cone and have someone sit and watch him so that he doesn't hurt himself without his cone.
me: I can do that, ma'am, but again, that would still cost you $15 per hour.
her: that will add up.
me: Yes, it will. That's why I could just come and check on him once or twice a day if you would like.
her: I think I need to call my vet and see what he needs.
me: Would you like me to come over and check on him now or would you like to call your vet and then perhaps call me back?
her: I better call my vet.
me: Yes, ma'am, I think you should call your vet first too. I'll look forward to hearing back from you.
her: OK. ok.
Does she vote, too?? And perhaps you could offer to put some Mary K on her (the dog) or even her (the lady)!!
ReplyDelete