Not gonna lie.
I am not really looking forward to this. Which completely upsets me, because a couple years ago, I would have been so excited for this trip. But now our world has gone crazy.
I do not want to venture into all the states that are pro-mask and pro-vaccine. I do not care if individuals feel this way, that is their right, but I am not looking forward to traveling to states that are "mandating" all that crap.. but venture I will.
I also feel guilty going on a vacation when so many are literally seeing their world fall apart in Afghanistan. (Me and Sleepy Joe, we'll both be gone while people fight for their own survival. Christians are being killed for their faith, women are being persecuted and executed, and I am enjoying a few days away(?)
Here are a few more reasons I do not want to leave my home:
But I do have a friend from work who is going to come house/animal sit for us; plus my wonderful neighbor is going to check up on him and help him out. (I may be a bit over protective.)
I have many reasons for not wanting to do this and only ONE reason for doing it: Mark's dad. And that one reason trumps all others.
We are heading out today, a few prayers for safety on the road would be appreciated. (And for all our "babies" whilst we are gone!)
Oh...and yesterday when I left work to officially be on vacation, I took care of a few important things: the cleaners, the library, the nail salon. (I almost NEVER wear nail polish, so this is HUGE deal!)












No comments:
Post a Comment