Welcome to my world...!!

thank you for allowing me to share a part of my life, my world, with you.

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Day 9 .... another day, another drive

 It was time to say "good bye" and get ourselves on the road.  Never an easy task.

When we arrived in Elburn we did our shopping at the meat market.  We have the yeti for the ride home, but Janelle kept everything in her cooler until we were leaving.

Our first stop today was back to Ream's to collect our stash....



And then we drove.

And drove.

And even drove some more.

Somehow the drive home is never as fun and exciting as the beginning.

You don't want to GET home.  You want to BE home.

My bed. My shower.  My doggies.  My kitties.  My chickens.  My recliner.  My home. 

Ooops, I mean "ours", of course.  

When Mark's mom and dad made their tour of the ballparks, they collected a hat and a program from each game.  We didn't feel the need for that, so we haven't bought much on this trip. Well, except food and beer, but I digress....

There were, however, two shirts I did have to buy.

One for me.  One for Mark.



Oh... and guess what?


The Mighty Mississip.

1 comment:

  1. Love your tee choices. Jim had a shirt that said "Baseball is life, all the rest are details". So I had a shirt made that said "I am the details". We got a lot of second looks and laughter when we wore them to the parks.

    ReplyDelete