Welcome to my world...!!

thank you for allowing me to share a part of my life, my world, with you.

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

I Got It... I Know How People Disappear

 My morning.


In the middle of getting ready for work, Georgia O'Keefe wanted out.  I was going to wait until I was ready to leave, but if she wanted out, I would put all the dogs out now.  

I called all three dogs and out we went.  I went to the side of the house where we keep their water bowl to check on their supply for the day and to refresh it.

Patted the dogs, told them I would be back later, headed up the stairs, turned the doorknob and... nothing.  The door was locked.

What the crap?

I tried it again.  Definitely locked.

I locked myself out?  Hmmm.  Tried it even again.  Yeah, definitely locked.  

Ok.  Put on my tennis shoes and headed to the liquor store to get a set of keys from Mark.  (Tried the front door to be sure, but yeah, locked too.) (Mark had forgotten his phone, so even borrowing a neighbor's phone wouldn't get me anywhere.  My phone, of course, was in the house. I mean who takes their phone with them just to water the dogs?)

Thankfully the liquor store is only about 4 blocks away, and also thankfully, even with this heat, it's not too hot at 8:30 in the morning.

Mark's not there.  Grrr.

He makes a bank run every morning, and, of course, my timing was during his bank run. 

I sat on the steps to wait for him.

As I am sitting, I am thinking.  He probably also stopped by the house for his phone.  He's going to be worried about me.  I mean my makeup is still strewn over the bathroom counter.  My phone nearby..  My McCoy's shirt hanging on the door.  Lights on.  Everything normal except NO LISA.

I hope he's not too worried.

He drives up.

Mark:  What are you doing here?

Me:  I locked myself out.

Mark:  Hmmm?  The back door wasn't locked when I was there.  The front door was double locked, but the back door was open.

Me:  Oh, believe me.  It's locked now.

Mark:  Hmmm.  I must've locked it.

That's when I notice his phone.

Me:  I see you got your phone.

Mark:  Yeah, I forgot it this morning, so I stopped by to get it.  I didn't see you anywhere.  I didn't see the dogs either, so I just figured you took them for a walk.  I locked the back door back up.

Me: 🤨

So... apparently at the exact time I was filling up the water dish, Mark was home calling out to me.  Between the running water and the AC which never stops running these days, I never heard him.  Instead of even having the courtesy of being worried, he just assumed me and the dogs were out having a grand old time.  

And then HE locked me out.

In his defense, I am a chronic door locker, so I have locked him out way more times than he has ever locked me out.  But on my defense, I have always been home to let him back in.



1 comment:

  1. A comedy of errors!! Glad you didn't have to wait around in the heat of the day!!

    ReplyDelete