I came across a new phrase:
I saw that and a light bulb went off. That's me. I have the morbs.
I know I will be OK. I know I will be happy again. I know I will one day tell fun stories about our silly dog, and I won't cry. I know.
But for now, I have the morbs.
I'm just sad.
Life is going on as usual, and that just feels wrong. She shouldn't die, and our lives just go on as usual.
But it does.
And even that makes me sad.
Watching two dogs go out and two dogs come in makes me sad. It's supposed to be three.
Eventually two will be normal. And that makes me sad.
Everyone has been so wonderful. Everyone. And I thank you all for that.
I know the reason y'all are so wonderful: because you are ALL animal lovers, and you have all been here. You know my pain, because at some time, it was your pain.
My neighbor told me Cecelia, which we often shortened to Celia and even "Silly", would often talk and bark through the fence at our neighbor as she would be going to her trash and recycling. Our neighbor said she would miss that. And, of course, that made me sad.
Cecelia would also always howl at a siren. And, because she had dog ears, she would hear the siren first. We always knew a siren was coming before we ever heard it, because of her howling.
Because the world is made up of cliches, I told my best friend, "It's the price we pay for having them in our lives and loving them so much."
Because she is so wonderful, my best friend replied, "And that price is so worth it. I won't regret the time being sad when I had the time being with them❣️"
I love that.
And it's true.
Even knowing how sad I would be to lose her, I would still take Cecelia over and over again.
A friend shared this:
And if that isn't true!! Oh, she could drive us crazy. But I would give anything for her to be driving me crazy for a little bit longer.
But, as we all know, I will be OK.
And life will go on.


No comments:
Post a Comment