I've got a couple jobs lined up for this weekend, and one for next weekend.
I have one friend who will be out of town for the weekend, and she has five doggies. One or two a bit older. She doesn't want to leave them alone, so I will be spending the nights at her house with her pets. During the day, I'll be in and out taking care of them and checking on them, but she mainly wants someone with them over night.
She's so sweet; she informed me that she will have clean sheets on her guest room bed. I informed her that I would more than likely fall asleep on her couch with her animals while watching tv.
Another woman, I have yet to meet (I'm going over to her house tomorrow) will also be out of town this weekend. She has a small terrier (Bambi) and a cat. She doesn't want me to spend the night, but she does want me to check in a few times each day. I'll be playing with Bambi and taking him out for a walk.
And, of course, I still have Sam who I sit with each weekend morning. I love Sam. He is so cute, especially now that he is a great-grandpa. His great granddaughter is (of course) the most precious, adorable little girl ever. If you don't believe me, just ask him. His wife, his granddaughter and now his great granddaughter all had the same weight when they were born. I think that is remarkable. (So does Sam) Sam has a book from the 1930's in which his wife and his wife's sister had their stats recorded. Their weight, their height, head size, etc. all recorded from the 1930's, and Sam still has the book. He's passing it on to his granddaughter so she can add her baby to the record. Every couple of years, his wife and her sister would sign their names and date their signatures. It's fun to see the differences in their signatures as they grow and mature. These little girls signing their names never knowing that someday seventy-odd years later, I would be interested.....
I truly do love people. So much to learn. So much to share.
I thank God for this opportunity ... this life.
No comments:
Post a Comment