Welcome to my world...!!

thank you for allowing me to share a part of my life, my world, with you.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sam, Fred and Sailor

I got a new puppy.  My daughter found Georgia O'Keeffe, and she picked the puppy out for me.  I had to take a weekend off to travel back to Texas to grab the puppy.  I am busy these days, which is a good thing, but it made it difficult to get back and pick up my puppy.  I sucked it up, and just did it.  

Taking time off to get Georgia O'Keeffe meant not seeing Sam that weekend.  I told him what I was doing, and he was understanding.  I also talked to his daughter to make sure that she would be in town  that weekend, just in case of an emergency.  The sweetest thing was that on Sunday night, Sam called to check on me.  He called to make sure that I was home safely.  That touched my heart.  He was worried about me.  

The next time I did see Sam we had quite a nice talk about our dogs.  I showed him pictures of Georgia O'Keeffe, and he wants to meet her at some point.  His family often had two dogs; the family dog and his hunting dog.  Sam said he had one dog who was so well trained, that Sam could take the dog into town, leave the dog sitting by his truck, and the dog would stay there until Sam returned.  I know I've seen that before, but I guarantee NONE of the dogs that I've ever had would ever be there when I returned...!  Sam lights up when he talks about the dogs in his life.  I love seeing him smile.  I love seeing the light in his eyes.  

Fred also went out of town for just a few days, and I got to take care of Sailor.  Remember how we love Fred because he saved Sailor's life?  Well, now we love Fred for another reason.  On the forms I have clients fill out, there is a question about 'in case of emergency'.  In case of emergency, if the animal needs to be taken to the vet, what dollar amount is the client willing to spend?  People will write in different amounts depending.  What amount did Fred write in? "any amount" .....  awwwwww.  I loved it.  

The nights are getting a bit cold now, so Fred wanted Sailor out in the yard during the day but in the house for the nights.  No problem.  Well, it was no problem until I locked myself out of the house.  Now, if I am going to be stupid enough to lock myself out of the house, thankfully I did have Sailor, I did have Sailor's food, I did have my phone, and I did have my keys.  I could see Fred's house key.  I just couldn't get to it.  I just stood there looking at the key telling myself how stupid I was.  Sailor kept looking at me not understanding.  Oh well .......  I took Sailor for a walk, sucked it up and called Fred to tell him what I had done.  Great way to make a first impression.  Fred is so nice.  Fred is so understanding.  Fred and I both laughed at me, but he still wants me to take care of Sailor, so it's all good.

Fred and Sailor have both met Georgia O'Keeffe.  They also met Dolce, because I could not leave Dolce at home while introducing Georgia O'Keeffe to people.  That would not be fair at all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment