Welcome to my world...!!

thank you for allowing me to share a part of my life, my world, with you.

Friday, May 20, 2011

My Mary Kay morning....

OK.  a couple of things.
First of all, I sent out an email to all my 'contacts' explaining my new MK adventure.  In that email, I told a little story that had happened at my first skin care party.  A friend of mine was laughing, and she asked me if that story really happened.  I said, "Yes.  Of course.  It really did happen."  She told me that story was what made up her mind to go and visit my website.

What was the story?  I'll tell you...

As my first skin care party was winding down, a few of us were talking.  I happened to mention that I had gotten divorced after twenty-seven years of marriage.  This one girl just turned her head towards me and stared at me, and she asked, "How old are you?"  Another girl jokingly laughed and told the first girl, "You never ask a woman her age."  This first girl, while still staring right at me, said, "No.  But the thing is, she doesn't look like she could have possibly been married to anyone for twenty-seven years!"  I simply smiled and said, "Mary Kay."

That (true!) story is what prompted my friend to head on over to my website and check out Mary Kay for herself.  She also told me that she loved how very easy my Mary Kay website is, which is something that I love to hear!!

Second of all, this was my morning:
I had a challenge.  I somewhat came up with the challenge on my own, but I shared it with my director (and cousin) Beth.  Sharing our goals and challenges helps us to be more accountable for them.  There is this girl who I have noticed at the McDonald's drive thru many times. When I used to take care of Sam, I would often get his coffee at McDonald's, and I would see this girl.  Her makeup is GORGEOUS. She uses a LOT of makeup.  More than I would probably ever think of using, but she applies it perfectly and she always looks amazing.  Ever since I began selling Mary Kay, I've wanted to get ahold of her.  So with Beth's encouragement, I challenged myself to talk to her TODAY ... and I DID!!

Before I ever went into McDonald's, I asked a couple different people to pray for me.  Before I ever went into McDonald's, God and I had a little discussion.  I could not have done this on my own.  I needed God's guidance, and I needed encouragement from my friends.

I went into the McDonad's, and it was quite crowded.  Many people were in there, but few were at the counter.  I waited until no one was at the counter, and I went up.  A girl came and asked if she could help me.  I told her that I wanted to talk to the other girl.  (I didn't know her name!)  This first girl said, "Michelle, someone wants to talk to you." (now I know her name)  Michelle came over and asked what I needed.  I handed her a Mary Kay sample with my business card attached.  I said, "I absolutely LOVE your makeup.  I've noticed it every time I'm in here, and I just love it.  Do you happen to use Mary Kay?"  She told me that not only did she not use Mary Kay, she had never even tried Mary Kay.  (*gasp*)  I told her, "I sell Mary Kay, and I would LOVE to get ahold of your face. I know you are at work right now, and I know it's busy, so I won't keep you, but I would love to talk to you.  Please, please, please call me sometime."  Now, I obviously have no idea if Michelle will call me, but I know when I left McDonald's, Michelle was beaming.  I know my compliments made her feel good.  (Let's face it, we all love compliments.)  And I know she had a huge smile on her face as I walked out the door.  I hope Michelle calls, but if she doesn't ..... I know where to find her.  And I will follow up!

From there I went to the UPS store.  I send my packages UPS.  I always go to the same store, and there is always the same lady who works in there.  So I walked into UPS with another sample complete with business card.  Well, it turns out the UPS lady does use Mary Kay, as her daughter sells it.  I told her, "Well, you see me in here all the time, you know that I obviously sell Mary Kay, and I wanted to offer it to you."  She appreciated the offer, and she and I talked for a bit about both of our daughters...  see, even when we don't sell Mary Kay, we build friendships.  Even when we don't make a Mary Kay sale, we still make people feel special.  I love that.

On the way out of the UPS store, I was holding my sample.  I passed another woman in the parking lot, so I said, "Excuse me, do you use Mary Kay?"
She said, "Yes, I use Mary Kay and you can't sell me any, because I already have a Mary Kay lady in Virginia."
I said, "Well, I just happened to have this sample in my hand, and I was going to offer it to you."
She laughed and said, "Well, I will take a sample!"
So I handed her the sample, and as we parted ways, I said, "I'm so happy you have your own Mary Kay consultant.  Mary Kay is not about taking customers away from others."
Again, no sale, but a fun little encounter.

Before I headed home, I remembered the apartments where Sam used to live.  There are two women that work in the front office of the apartments, so I went to see them.  Only one of them was in when I arrived, but I asked her if she used Mary Kay.  She said that no she did not.  I told her that I sold Mary Kay and I would love to show her the products sometime.  Now it was my turn for a compliment as she said, "You always look so beautiful, but never overdone.  I would love to get to know more about Mary Kay."  I told her that I would call her later to set up a date and time, and she said that would be wonderful......!!

I got back into my car and said to God, "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!"

I absolutely love this adventure, (I refuse to call it a 'job') and I absolutely believe in this product.  I cannot wait to keep helping woman after woman after woman.

OH........ and just another little (true) story.  Maybe this will help motivate some of you still out there sitting on the fence. I used to have one of those deep crevices between my eyes.  The mean/worry wrinkle.  I hated it.  A few years back, I even had it botoxed.  I could live with laugh lines.  I could live with crows feet.  but I could NOT live with that deep crevice between my eyes.  Guess what?  That crevice is no longer there.  I wish I could tell you that it's gone completely.  It is not.  But it is no longer a deep crevice.  It is now merely a line that I have to look closely for to notice at all.  Again, two words.  Mary Kay.    seriously, what are you waiting on?  try it TODAY!!

1 comment: