Welcome to my world...!!

thank you for allowing me to share a part of my life, my world, with you.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Never Give Up.... (part 1)

One of the best things we can do for ourselves is run our own business.  When one owns her own business, she makes her own hours and works at her own pace.  However, it takes commitment and responsibility.  One can be the best boss she has ever had, but she can also be the worst.  One can be the best employee she has ever had, but she can also be the worst.  The amount of money one makes and the "luck" one has in her company depends on many factors, the main one being how much time and effort she puts into her company.

OK, I realize that paragraph is a bit obvious and a bit boring, but it seques into my blog post.

I absolutely LOVE my Mary Kay business.  I am amazed by this line of skin care products.  The make-up is always on trend and offers up something for everyone; don't get me started on how fabulous the ultimate mascara is...  We have everything from suntan lotion to lip gloss to foot fizzies and so so much in between.

It amazes me how some people have the wrong idea about Mary Kay.  I have been told on numerous occassions, "I don't wear make-up".  Mary Kay is so much more than make-up.  Mary Kay began this business with her skin care products.  Even if you wear absolutely zero make-up, you do have a face.  God-willing you will carry that face with you for a long, long time.  You should do everything you can to take care of that face.  Mary Kay has a complete list of products that will do everything from cleansing to exfoliating to renewing your face ... and we have a skin care line for every skin type, including the most senstitive.

I am also equally amazed by the women who think we are ONLY make-up and don't know about our skin care line.

I guess many of us consultants are not getting the word out, and I do NOT want to be one of those consultants.  I want people to know about ALL of our amazing products.  I do not want to sell anything to anyone that she does not need.  But at the same time, if she does need it, I want her to be aware of it and be using it.

That being said, this company offers a COMPLETE line of skin care products (yes, we have bath washes and scrubs and even suntan lotion.)  Mary Kay is about your SKIN ... not just your face.  And we also carry a full line of make-up products including brushes, applicators and compacts.

I absolutely LOVE my Mary Kay business.  Mary Kay built this company on the concept of women helping women.  Most know that she started this company for women.  A company where women could make all of their dreams come true.  Nothing would hold them back .... except themselves.  Most everyone in this company is so friendly and so helpful.  If I have a problem, I get help immediately.  My help comes directly from the Mary Kay offices in Dallas, through my Director and through sister consultants.  One of the things I so love about this company is that the only way a woman moves up in this company is by helping other women.  period.  The more you help others, the more you move up.  The more you help others, the more money you make.  Mary Kay founded this company on the Golden Rule, and good consultants do everything they can to always adhere to that concept.  Hurting others will only hurt yourself in the long run.  In helping others, you will be helping yourself.

(As Cindy Williams NSD told, we are not "catty" women, but rather we are "caddy"lac women.)

I absolutely LOVE my Mary Kay business.  I believed in Mary Kay before I ever signed up to do this, or I would never have signed up.  I'm sure there are some sales people in the world selling products they do not believe in, but I think that is sad.  How can one do a good job selling unless one completely believes in their product?   Mary Kay tells us that many people look down on sales people, and yet everybody buys.  Everyone is putting something on their face.  Even if it is only soap and water, everyone is putting something on their face.  Why not invest in great skin care products?  So, I've believed in this company from the beginning, but I did not believe in myself.  It took me a long time to believe in ME.  My director, Beth Lange, has had little exercises all along the way to push me and nudge me along into doing a bit more here and a bit more there.  She would always ask what it was that I wanted to get out of each particular exercise, and my reply would always be the same.  Confidence.  That's what I wanted.  Confidence.

Oh when I first started this endeavor, I was so bad.  I probably came off as pushy to some and introverted to others.  I really had no idea how to go about sharing this with other women.  I LOVE Mary Kay.  I love it so much I want to share it with everyone I know.  If it were up to me, every woman would be using nothing but Mary Kay.  Not because that would make me more money, which it would, but that is not my reason.  My reason is because this is such a phenomenal product and every product does exactly what it claims .... or more.  If I sometimes come off as pushy, I am sorry, it's just because I am so enthusiastic and passionate about my Mary Kay.  I want to share it, so that others can also reap the rewards and benefits of such an amazing company and product.  I'm still not always sure of the 'best' way to go about selling.  I am not a natural born salesperson.  I'm just a woman who has an amazing product that she wants to share.  I love people.  I want to help people.  And I want to help women look and feel their very best.  I want to help give women confidence.  I want to help women achieve their dreams.  I want to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment