Things I want to remember:
The other day Jenni was sitting down watching TV with Eden, and Eden laid her head upon Jenni and snuggled in close. Jenni asked Eden if she was Eden's favorite person, to which Eden replied, "no". When Jenni asked who was Eden's favorite person, Eden replied "Gamma".
Eden cried and cried her little eyes out because the kids at school didn't play with her. Not sure what is going on, because she plays great with kids at home and has lots of friends.... but it breaks my heart that at school the other kids don't always play with her.
I was at Jenni's one day when my bangs were long and I was continuously brushing them out of my face. Eden gave me a tiny rubber band and told me it was so I didn't have to do 'this', as she made the motion of pushing her bangs out of her eyes. It was too cute how she was being so helpful to me.
I gave Eden a couple tootsie pops, and she picked the one wrapped in purple. Things we take so for granted, but she was sooo excited when she peeled off the purple paper only to discover the tootsie pop was also purple. I love the wonder and amazement of seeing things through the eyes of a three year old. I think everyone should have a three year old in their life.
I spent the night with Eden sleeping with her in her bed. She is allowed to listen to her 'Frozen' music box one time before bed. After the song finished, I asked her if she wanted to hear it again, and I wound the music box up. Afraid she was going to get into trouble, Eden opened the bedroom door and called out making sure Jenni understood that it was Gamma who turned on the music box the second time and not Eden. Jenni and I both assured Eden she would not be in trouble. Jenni explained to Eden that as Eden needs to listen to her because she is the momma, Jenni needs to listen to me, because I am the momma.
Eden has a battery operated Barbie convertible. She took it to a friend's house and there was another family there as well. The other family had a daughter with Down Syndrome. The little girl wanted to drive the car, but she could not understand how to make it go. Eden and the little girl disappeared for a while and Jenni sent Dustin to check on them. When Jenni next saw them, the little girl was sitting in the driver's seat driving. Eden was down on the ground pushing the pedal with her hand and Dustin was helping with the steering....but the little girl was driving!!
No comments:
Post a Comment