Welcome to my world...!!

thank you for allowing me to share a part of my life, my world, with you.

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Day one: the not so great American scaled down baseball tour

 We drove.

And drove.

And drove.

OK.  Mark drove.  Lisa rode.

We didn't need to stop for gas;  Mark has a gas tank/tool box combination that he added onto his truck a while back.  We filled up at Buc-cee's and never had to stop for gas the rest of the day.



Which doesn't mean we didn't stop.  Lisa has been working on drinking more water these days.  All I will say is that she managed to drink six bottles of water over the course of the drive.  Stops were made.

Lisa appreciated this sign at one of the stops:



I mean a bond for my bail AND tires?  All with one stop shopping!?  Sign me up!

We took Mark's truck.  While Mark's truck is great for the huge gas tank, it sucks for the radio.  We went old school and listened to CDs.  I forgot out much I love my old CDs.  If y'all remember Mark made me a CD when we got married.  He took the time and inclination to download songs that made him think about me...and us.  I love that CD.  Marshall got me the whole "70's" collection years ago one Christmas.  Being old, I love  songs from that era, but I also love remembering that they came from Marshall.  And seriously, y'all, doesn't "Remember the Titans" have an awesome soundtrack?  Remember when we always bought the movie soundtracks??  I love my soundtracks.  I should listen to my old CDs more often. Anyone have a Walkman I can borrow?





Because Lisa has been to Graceland twice, and Mark is just "eh" on the whole Graceland experience during a "pandemic", Mark looked up other things to do in Memphis and came up with "Axe Throwing", so we did.  If you have never done this, I highly recommend it.  Highly.





Finally it was time for ribs.  Over to Central Bar-B-Q we went.  The ribs were good.  A bit spicy, but not so much they over powered the flavor of the meat.  The greens were OK, but I would have added a touch more salt and a bit more garlic.  The cracklins were the real deal and quite tasty.  We washed it down with a Memphis "Catnap" IPA.  We liked the beer, but it wasn't really hoppy.  More of a lager taste to me...but what do I know? Maybe that's how they do it in Memphis.  It was a good meal and a good end to a good day, but I can't say it was the best we've ever had.  



And.... our hotel room not only came with a Bible (most do!), but ours was open on the desk when we came in, not stuck in some random drawer.


Oh, and Rolando says everything is good at home.  ❤

3 comments: