Sam was doing good this morning at breakfast. Not great, but he was doing good.
He ate almost all of his oatmeal, eggs, bacon and toast. He drank his juice and his coffee. yay!
I found out that he was now back onto yet another antibiotic. I decided I better get him some yogurt.
After getting him back to his room and ready for PT, I left Sam to go run errands and check on a few other things.
I went back to check in on Sam and give him some yogurt and Ensure. The nurse grabbed me and told me that Sam did not eat lunch. He had refused it saying that he was too weak. I found Sam sound asleep in his bed. I managed to easily wake him up, and I asked him if he wanted some Danactive. He did. For most of his life, Sam was not a fan of yogurt, but because of all the antibiotics lately, Sam has learned to like it. I held a straw to his mouth as he drank his Danactive.
Sam decided he wanted to sit up. I asked if he wanted to sit up in bed or in his wheelchair. He chose the wheelchair. We got Sam into his wheelchair, and I handed him the Ensure. He drank it all and told me he was ready for physical therapy.
Really? I was so happy.
"Are you sure, Sam? You want me to wheel you down to physical therapy?"
He did.
As I left Sam, he had all the physical therapists laughing at whatever he was saying.
I walked out very happy....!
No comments:
Post a Comment