As I was visiting with Sam today, there wasn't that much for me to do, so I sat down, and we started visiting. I asked Sam what he had done yesterday, and he informed me that he watched some football and made some phone calls.
Sam called a few of his old buddies. I asked him if he called any of his old friends in Florida, and this started a new conversation. Yesterday he did call an old friend. This friend had been married for years and years to, according to Sam, a real sweet gal. Sam said he just didn't 'get it' but he has noticed that so many men take up with a new woman after their wives die. He's noticed some of his friends taking up with some of the widows after their own wives die, and Sam just does not understand how they can do this. He was so cute, because he said that he didn't want to judge others; they could do as they wished, but that he had met his wife when she was fifteen, and he could not imagine getting intimate with another woman. He said he couldn't even imagine talking to another woman for any length of time. Then he did add that he may at some time change his mind, he doesn't know how he'll feel in a year or more, but for today, he just cannot imagine spending any time with another woman. (I thought he was so cute talking about his wife in this way.)
He did make me laugh. He told me that this old buddy of his had married a second time after his first wife died, and now the second wife had also died. "So I offered him my congratulations." said Sam.
Ummmm. Sam. I think you mean "condolences"
No comments:
Post a Comment