I asked what people were thankful for this year. Here is Mom's answer:
I failed to add this but I should have also said: I LOVED that Jenni and Dustin brought Eden, Ila and James. My family, both before and after and extended, are so vitally important to me that I pray my grandchildren will teach their little ones how important family is, to try to stay as connected as possible and to ALWAYS be proud of their heritage. God placed us where, when and with whom He wanted us to be and as my sister, June, always said: “We all do the best we can under the circumstances”.
I am thankful for Lisa and Mark taking me on my Trip to Bountiful and everyone who joined us on our adventures. I got to return to my roots. To the towns, school, cemeteries and the little church where I went to Church, Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and Christmas programs. One year Karin and I sang a duet with me accompanying on the ukulele. I’m sure that everyone was enthralled! Too bad there’s not a video of it!
All these things I remember fondly and every day I give thanks to God for having me born into my family and all the ancestors who came before them. These are the people who made me who I am today. They gave me my identity, security, the German work ethic, loyalty, imagination, love of all good things - books, music, the arts, knowledge, body posture, education, my German Lutheran Faith and especially Jesus - who holds all the above together. Jesus has always been important in my life but as I’m reaching the end of mine I have the confidence of knowing when I leave my family on this side I will be joining all my family on the other side who led the way for me. I will spend Eternity in Heaven where there is no more “weeping and gnashing of teeth” in the mansion Jesus has prepared for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment