A while back, I got a phone call from Fred. He left a message saying he thought he had the right phone number. Was I the person who dog sat? I called him back and got his voice mail, and he didn't call back. I figured either he found someone else, or things had changed for him. Wednesday night, he left another message. I called back and got his voice mail. I was beginning to think this was a bit ridiculous, and I didn't even really care if I ever met Fred or not. If it was meant to be, it would work out ... but we seemed to always be missing each other, and I still wasn't really sure what Fred even wanted.
Well ..... I finally got Fred, and I am so happy that I did. Fred is a photographer who travels the world. Fred has the neatest house. I absolutely love it. Not big, but spacious and open. Fred has a five year old lab.
Now this is why we love Fred. Fred explained to me that he never had dogs. He always had cats. He travels, and cats, being so much more independent, were much more suited for his lifestyle. However, he heard of someone who had a litter of lab puppies, and if they did not find homes for the puppies, this person was going to drown all the dogs. Fred said there was no way he could NOT take a puppy. So he took Sailor .... Sailor is now five. Sailor is adorable. I'm not sure how much I'll get to see Sailor, but it sounds like it might be often.
I'm so excited .....
No comments:
Post a Comment